What is it?
Due to increased security on the 365 platform, you have two choices when accessing your mail, calendar, and contacts on your iOS devices.
- Switch to the Outlook App and stop using the built-in Apple apps. You will log in with your work password and use Multi-factor Authentication.
- Continue to use the native Apple apps for mail, calendar, and contacts. In this case, you will need to generate an “App Password”.
Create an App Password:
- From each iOS device go to https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/AppPasswords.aspx
- Log in with your Microsoft 365 username (not your email address) and your password.
- Click “Create” > Enter a name for the device you are setting up > Copy the password that is generated.
- Go to Settings > Mail > Accounts > Tap your work account > tap on “Account + your email address” (top) > Paste the App Password into the Password field > Save.
- Each App Password should only be used once per device
- Never expire
- Cannot be viewed after initial creation