To access company files on your iOS you will need to have the VPN client setup and have “FileBrowser” installed and configured in advance. To connect:
- Go to Settings>VPN>and turn it on.
- If prompted enter your Windows password. Once connected you will see “VPN”at the top of your device.
- Open the FileBrowser app and click on the book icon [bottom center]. You will see the network shares you access from your companies server.
Simply tap on any file. FileBrowser can preview many of the more common file formats. This will open the file in read-only mode.
Editing Files in Another App
Remember that FileBrowser can preview a variety of file formats such as Excel, PDF & Word. If you tap on the file in FileBrowser, it will open in preview mode. If you want to edit it in another app, Do Not preview, Do Not tap on the file name.
- Tap the vertical ellipsis >Share File > Select the app to edit the file
Saving Files Back to the Server
After completing your edits:
- Tap the Action button > Send a Copy
2. Select FileBrowser > Navigate back to the folder where you want to save the file > Click Paste 1 file here.. (Top right)
3. If asked to replace the file, choose yes if you are the most recent author